MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – The Morrisville State hunt seat equestrian team earned 33 team points Saturday morning to finish third overall among 10 competing institutions, as they hosted one of two Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA) shows on the weekend at their Fearon Road riding arena in Morrisville.
- Results: Skidmore 45, Oneonta 34, Morrisville 33, RPI 31, Colgate 29, Cobleskill 23, UAlbany 21, Siena 19, Hartwick 14, Keuka 13.
- Location: Fearon Road Riding Arena, Morrisville, N.Y.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Morrisville State had four riders take home blue ribbon wins Saturday, including Christine Kevan (Clifton Park, N.Y.) who captured the victory in the novice over fences class.
- Jenna Doktor (Corfu, N.Y.) and Angela Pratt (Olympia, WA) rode to the top of the advanced walk trot canter class to finish with their first wins of the season.
- Savannah Short (Coram, N.Y.) placed first in the beginner walk trot canter class.
- Morrisville State also had seven riders finish second overall in their class, contributing to the team's third place finish.
- Morrisville State will return to the riding arena Sunday, Nov. 4 as they host a second IHSA invitational.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.