SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. – The Morrisville State hunt seat equestrian team placed third overall at the Skidmore Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA) competition Saturday, collecting 31 team points with a total six first place rides.
- Team scores: Skidmore 43, Colgate 32, Morrisville 31, RPI 26, Oneonta 22, UAlbany 20, Cobleskill 19, Siena 19, Hartwick 15, Keuka 11
- Location: Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Morrisville State had six earn the blue ribbon Saturday, including Abigail VanWinkle (Honeoye Falls, N.Y.) who was the high point rider for the show with her first place rides in the intermediate over fences and intermediate equitation on the flat class.
- Casey Warren (Cranston, RI) turned in a winning ride in the open equitation over fences, while Jennifer Capone (Old Bridge, N.J.) also placed first in the intermediate flat class.
- Hannah Guindon (Wellsboro, Pa.) captured the blue ribbon with the winning ride in advanced walk trot canter, with Carly Beckwith (Rome, N.Y.) rounding out the winners for the Mustangs with her top ride in the walk trot class.
- Morrisville State will resume the show schedule on February 16, 2019.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.