CASTLETON, Vt. – Morrisville State field hockey fell to 0-2 Sunday afternoon as they fell by a 6-1 final to Castleton University in non-conference action in Castleton, Vermont.
- Final score: Castleton 6, Morrisville State 1 (halftime: Castleton 3, Morrisville 0)
- Location: Castleton, Vermont
- Records: Castleton 1-1, Morrisville State 0-2
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The Spartans took a 3-0 lead just over midway through the opening half, extending that to 4-0 11 minutes into the second.
- Sophomore forward Heather Cummings (Akron, N.Y.) posted the first and lone score for the Mustangs at the 52:50 mark.
- Freshman Grace Hanehan (Saratoga Springs, N.Y.) picked up her first collegiate assist.
- Freshman Morgan Dueber (Owego, N.Y.) collected 19 saves in cage and is averaging 19 saves per game after two contests this season.
- Morrisville State returns to the field Wednesday, Sept. 5 at St. Lawrence University. Live stats for the contest are available at http://morrisvillestateathletics.com/sports/fh/2018-19/boxscores/20180905_z9wr.xml.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.