CANTON, N.Y. – Host St. Lawrence University scored five first half goals and added three more as they handed visiting Morrisville State field hockey a 8-0 non-league loss Wednesday afternoon in Canton.
- Final score: St. Lawrence 8, Morrisville State 0 (halftime: St. Lawrence 5-0)
- Location: Canton, N.Y.
- Records: St. Lawrence 1-2, Morrisville State 0-3
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- St. Lawrence scored three goals in the opening 12 minutes of the contest, the first coming 1:39 in as they added two more before the half to claim a 5-0 halftime lead.
- Despite being outshot 39-3, Morrisville State had three defensive saves in the game, one from freshman Kelsey Carpenter (Greenwich, N.Y.) and one each from sophomore's Mary Klecha (Greene, N.Y.) and Emily Thibeau (Sale,m N.Y.).
- Freshman Morgan Dueber (Owego, N.Y.) collected 17 saves in cage in the loss, 11 in the first half of action.
- Morrisville State returns to Drake Field Saturday, hosting Lancaster Bible College, a new program within Division III, in the North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) opener on the Mustangs home turf. The game is slated to start at 1 p.m.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.