MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – Morrisville State field hockey fell to 1-5 on the season Saturday as SUNY Geneseo captured a convincing 10-0 State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) win on Drake Field in Morrisville.
- Final Score: Geneseo 10, Mrorisville 0 (halftime – Geneseo 4-0)
- Location: Drake Field, Morrisville, N.Y.
- Records: Geneseo 4-3, 1-0 SUNYAC; Morrisville St. 1-5, 0-1 SUNYAC
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Geneseo posted their first tally two minutes into the contest and added three more within a span of six minutes to claim a 4-0 halftime lead.
- Morrisville State became unraveled in the second half, as the offensive pressure was too much on their defensive unit, while the visitors collected five of their six second half scores over 12 minutes time.
- Freshman goalkeeper Morgan Dueber (Owego, N.Y.) recorded 18 stops in net.
- Mary Klecha (Greene, N.Y.) had a defensive save for the Mustangs.
- Geneseo dominated shots, 43-0.
- Morrisville State will resume SUNYAC play Wednesday, playing host to SUNY Oneonta at 4 p.m. on Drake Field in Morrisville.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.