MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – The visiting SUNY Oneonta Red Dragons scored three times in just over two minutes time in the opening half, downing host Morrisville State field hockey by a 4-0 State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) final score on Drake Field in Morrisville.
- Final Score: Oneonta 4, Morrisville State 0 (halftime: Oneonta 3, Morrisville 0)
- Location: Drake Field, Morrisville, N.Y.
- Records: Oneonta 4-5, 1-0 SUNYAC; Morrisville State 1-6, 0-2 SUNYAC
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Oneonta's Cali Cortese posted the first tally for the visitors at the 12:08 mark, sparking a three goal fury as the Red Dragons netted two more over the next two minutes to take a 3-0 lead just 14 minutes in.
- Alise Anson and Chloe Lynch each posted tallies during the two minute rush at cage, both off crosses from the left hand side of the field with sweeps in front.
- Allyson Wells added the final Oneonta score at the 54:47 mark, a sweep off the feed from the top of the circle.
- Morgan Dueber (Owego, N.Y.) maintained her double-digit average in saves in net, turning away 16 for the contest, including 10 in the opening half of action.
- Oneonta keeper Danell Jones posted five saves in the win for the visitors, as they picked up their first conference win of the season.
- Morrisville State returns to the field Saturday, traveling to SUNY New Paltz to continue SUNYAC action.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.