MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – Freshman goalkeeper, Morgan Dueber (Owego, N.Y.) recorded 26 saves Friday afternoon as host Morrisville State fell in State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) action to visiting SUNY Cortland on Drake Field by a final 7-0 score.
- Final score: Cortland 7, Morrisville St. 0 (halftime: Cortland 3-0)
- Location: Drake Field, Morrisville, N.Y.
- Records: Cortland 9-5, 2-2 SUNYAC; Morrisville 1-10, 0-5 SUNYAC
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Five different Red Dragons posted goals on the afternoon, including Amanda D'Amico and Jess Gibaldi who each tallied two. Gibaldi added an assist.
- Morrisville State freshman keeper Morgan Dueber (Owego, N.Y.) recorded 26 total stops on the afternoon in the loss, 19 of which came in the first half of action as Cortland outshot the Mustangs 31-0 in the opening 35.
- Kailynne Reinoehl recorded the win in net, despite not seeing any shots, before Marissa D'Amico collected two saves in the second half of action for Cortland.
- Morrisville State returns to the field tomorrow at Elmira in a 2 p.m. non-league match up.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.