ELMIRA, N.Y. – Morrisville State field hockey battled back from a three goal deficit to make it a one goal game late in the second half, but ran out of time as Elmira College picked up the 3-2 non-league win Saturday afternoon in Elmira.
- Final score: Elmira 3, Morrisville 2 (halftime: Elmira 2-0)
- Location: Elmira, N.Y.
- Records: Morrisville 1-11, Elmira 5-7
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Elmira took a 2-0 lead at the half behind goals from Mae Dinh and Janie Kempf, with Dinh adding another just 1:29 into the second half for a 3-0 advantage.
- Morrisville State's Grace Hanehan (Saratoga Springs, N.Y.) collected her fifth goal of the season on a hard hit from the right side of the arc at the 38:02 mark to cut the host lead to two.
- Late in the contest, a score from Brianna Fischetti (Wading River, N.Y.) made it a one goal game, as Hanehan collected the assist in the 61st minute.
- Morgan Dueber (Owego, N.Y.) recorded the loss, making six stops, as both teams registered 11 shots on the day.
- The Mustangs had a chance to net the equalizer late in the contest, but the shot went wide of the cage and Elmira collected the win.
- Morrisville State returns to the field Wednesday, traveling to SUNY Oswego for a SUNYAC finale.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.