MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – Morrisville State field hockey closed out the 2018 road schedule edging host Houghton College by a 2-1 non-league final Friday evening in Houghton.
In a game played mostly in the midfield, the Mustangs battled back from an early Houghton score to post two straight in the first half in the win.
- Final Score: Morrisville 2, Houghton 1 (halftime: Morrisville 2-1)
- Location: Highland, N.Y.
- Records: Morrisville (3-13), Houghton (5-12)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Houghton took a 1-0 lead off an unassisted tally in the 11th minute.
- Less than two minutes later, sophomore Heather Cummings (Akron, N.Y.) evened the score at one, netting the tally off a feed from Haley Evarts (Irondequoit, N.Y.) on the penalty corner.
- Morrisville State took its first and final lead at the 16:27 mark as Makayla Barnes (Syracuse, N.Y.) found the back of the cage. Brianna Fischetti (Wading River, N.Y.) was credited with the assist.
- Morgan Dueber (Owego, N.Y.) collected the win behind her four saves on the night, three in the second half.
- Morrisville State returns to Drake Field on Wednesday, Oct. 31 for their home finale against Sage College.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.