MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – The Morrisville State field hockey team concluded the 2018 season in thrilling fashion Wednesday afternoon as they topped visiting Sage College in a 3-2 double overtime match on Drake Field in Morrisville.
- Final Score: Morrisville State 3, Sage College 2 – 2OT (Halftime: Morrisville 1-0)
- Location: Drake Field, Morrisville, N.Y.
- Final Records: Morrisville State 4-13, Sage 4-13
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Sophomore Heather Cummings (Akron, N.Y.) posted two goals and assisted another to lead Morrisville State in the win.
- Morrisville State first got on the board behind a Brianna Fischetti (Wading River, N.Y.) sweep off Cumming's initial shot 17:44 into the contest, maintaining that advantage until the 52' mark of the second half.
- Sage evented the score at 52:04 off a deflection in front of net, before Cummings struck four minutes later with the redirected tip to regain the one goal lead for the Mustangs.
- A Gator tally at 63:25 evened the score at two and forced the overtime period, where both teams battled through nearly two complete extra frames.
- Morrisville State got a break while playing man down, as Cummings carried the ball into the center of the circle where she drove the ball into the left corner of the cage for the thrilling win.
- The Mustangs ended the 2018 season with a three game win streak, averaging 2.75 goals per game the past three contests.
- Morgan Dueber (Owego, N.Y.) recorded the win, making six stops for Morrisville State, all in the second half of action.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.