ABINGTON, Pa. – Senior point guard Lamel Faison (Brooklyn, N.Y.) recorded a collegiate high 36 points to lead the visiting Morrisville State Mustangs men's basketball team past host Penn St. Abington Sunday afternoon in North Eastern Athletic Conference in Pennsylvania.
- Final Score: Morrisville 85, Abington 65
- Location: Abington, Pa.
- Records: Morrisville 10-3 (5-0 NEAC); Abington 7-7 (4-1 NEAC)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Morrisville State used a 16-8 run, 11 points that came off the hot shooting hand of senior guard Lamel Faison (Brooklyn, N.Y.) to open a double-digit lead over the host Nittany Lions at the break, 39-29, and didn't look back as they topped Abington by 10 in the second half en route to the win.
- Faison finished the contest with a career high 36 points, hitting 10-of-15 from the floor, 5-of-9 from beyond the arc, while hitting 11-of-12 from the charity stripe across the afternoon.
- Morrisville State had eight contribute to the win, along with Kevin Dennis (Bronx, N.Y.) who collected 23 points and 12 rebounds, while blocking four.
- Rahmell Smith (Syracuse, N.Y.) added seven off the bench for the Mustangs, as the visitors handed the Nittany Lions their first conference loss of the season.
- Morrisville State returns to their home court Wednesday, hosting Keuka College at 7 p.m.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.