AURORA, N.Y. – Ten different Mustangs contributed to a North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) win Friday night in Aurora, as visiting Morrisville State men's basketball cruised to a 77-46 victory over host Wells College.
- Final Score: Morrisville 77, Wells 46 (halftime: Morrisville 40-30)
- Location: Aurora, N.Y.
- Records: Morrisville 12-3, 7-0 NEAC; Wells 3-11, 2-5 NEAC
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Morrisville State men's basketball remained undefeated in conference play Friday night as they topped host Wells College 77-46 with ten different Mustangs contributing to the win.
- After leading by 10 at the break, Morrisville State opened the second half with an 11-0 run over the first four minutes of the second, increasing their lead to 21.
- The Mustangs offense proved too strong for the Express, who struggled to stop play in the paint where Morrisville State dominated 38-14, and led by as many as 35 in the second half.
- Morrisville State dominated the glass, outrebounding Wells 55 to 33.
- Kevin Dennis (Bronx, N.Y.) led all scorers with 25 points, adding 15 rebounds and two steals, while fellow junior Tyrin Miller (White Plains, N.Y.) added 16 points, hitting 5-of-9 from beyond the arc.
- Morrisville State got 24 points from their bench, including seven from Brison Hall (Syracuse, N.Y.) who also added five rebounds.
- AJ Vernon (Brooklyn, N.Y.) added seven rebounds, four on the offensive glass, while adding a blocked shot and four points.
- Morrisville State limited Wells leading scorer, Rich Ross, to just two points on the night, while holding the Express squad to 16 second half points.
- Morrisville State returns to the court Wednesday, hosting SUNY Polytechnic at 7 p.m.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.