MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – The Morrisville State men's basketball team posted an 85-67 win over visiting SUNY Polytechnic Wednesday night, sweeping the series meetings between the two teams in the 2018-19 season, as five posted double-digits to lead the Mustangs on their home court in Morrisville.
- Final Score: Morrisville 85, Poly 67 (halftime: Morrisville 48-36)
- Location: Morrisville, N.Y.
- Records: Morrisville 13-3, 8-0 NEAC; Poly 6-12, 3-6 NEAC
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Morrisville State remained undefeated in conference play Wednesday night as they defeated cross town rival SUNY Polytechnic by an 85-67 final score.
- The Mustangs dominated the glass 50-29, outscoring the Wildcats 17-8 in second chance points.
- Five from the host squad posted double figures, including Tyrin Miller (White Plains, N.Y.) who led the way with 20, nailing five from beyond the arc, while adding nine rebounds and three assists to his tallies.
- Lamel Faison (Brooklyn, N.Y.) added 16 to go along with five assists while teammate Justin Mitchell (Newburgh, N.Y.) contributed 14 points and three steals.
- Kevin Dennis (Bronx, N.Y.) collected another double-double with his 11 point 11 rebound effort, blocking three shots.
- Morrisville State outscored the Wildcats in bench play, with 14 of the team's total points coming from freshman Rahmell Smith (Syracuse, N.Y.) who had the hot hand as he shot 4-for-6 from the floor, rained two three's and converted 4-of-5 free throws. Smith also added five rebounds in the solid effort.
- Redell Freeman led the Wildcat efforts with 21 points, assisting seven, while hitting 12-of-14 from the charity stripe.
- The Mustangs held SUNY Poly to just 31.9% shooting from the floor while converting nearly 52% of their own shots on the opposite end of the court.
- Morrisville State returns to the court Saturday, hosting Gallaudet University at 3 p.m. on the Mustangs home court.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.