MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – The Morrisville State men's basketball team proved too much for the host Cazenovia College Wildcats Wednesday night, getting a huge game inside the paint and another from its bench, as they powered past the Route 20 Rival by a 86-72 final score in North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) action.
- Final Score: Morrisville 86, Cazenovia 72
- Location: Cazenovia, N.Y.
- Records: Morrisville 20-4, 14-1 NEAC; Cazenovia 12-12, 8-7 NEAC
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Morrisville State dominated Cazenovia 54-34 with its play in the paint, adding a total 38 points in its bench play, racing past the hosts in conference action.
- Forward Kevin Dennis (Bronx, N.Y.) collected 32 points to lead all scorers on the night, adding 22 rebounds, eight of which came on the offensive glass.
- The Mustangs got a season high 21 off the bench from guard Justin Mitchell (Newburgh, N.Y.), who converted 10-of-14 from the free throw line in the win.
- Lamel Faison (Brooklyn, N.Y.) rounded out the leaderboard with 10 points, adding five assists for the Mustangs.
- Morrisville State trailed by as many as eight in the first half, before rallying for nine straight points to get back in the contest.
- Continuing their 9-3 burst at the end of the opening half to head to the locker room with a 44-36 lead, the Mustangs quickly attacked the paint to keep the hosts at length.
- Cazenovia was able to cut the lead to one with 6:37 to go, but the Mustangs took advantage of their speed in their guards, and power of its forward to put together an 11-0 run, increasing their lead to double digits and putting the game out of reach for the hosts.
- Morrisville State collected 53 rebounds, 21 on the offensive glass, while limiting Cazenovia to just 38 on the night.
- The Mustangs wrap up the regular season Saturday on the road at Keuka, and will await tournament announcement selections from the conference office this weekend.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.