KEUKA PARK, N.Y. – Visiting Morrisville State men's basketball wasted no time in completing the regular season with a win Saturday, racing out to a 43-21 halftime lead over host Keuka College, before collecting the 79-58 North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) win to finish 15-1 overall in the conference standings.
- Final Score: Morrisville 79, Keuka 58
- Location: Keuka Park, N.Y.
- Records: Morrisville 21-4, 15-1 NEAC; Keuka 9-14, 6-10 NEAC
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Morrisville State shot 56.7% from the floor in the opening half, nailing seven from long range.
- Junior guard Tyrin Miller (White Plains, N.Y.) paced the Mustangs with a team best 26 points, 19 of which came in the opening half of action, as he drained 6-of-11 from beyond the arc.
- Forward Kevin Dennis (Bronx, N.Y.) added 21, collecting another double-double with 13 rebounds.
- Lamel Faison (Brooklyn, N.Y.) and Justin Mitchell (Newburgh, N.Y.) dished out a combined 15 assists for the Mustangs backcourt.
- Keeping with the theme all season, Morrisville State once again dominated the paint, outscoring Keuka 40-28, while collecting 23 points in the fast break transition game.
- Morrisville State wraps up the regular season with a 15-1 conference slate, and 21-4 overall record.
- The Mustangs will await tournament announcements from the conference office this weekend.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.