COBLESKILL, N.Y. – The Morrisville State men's golf team opened the 2018 season Friday afternoon on the road at the SUNY Cobleskill Jug Classic, finishing seventh out of eight competing teams with a combined team score of 347, +67 par.
- Final Results: Cobleskill 318 (+38), Keuka 328 (+48), NVU – Johnson 330 (+50), Elmira College 330 (+50), Sage College 330 (+50), SUNY Canton 330 (+50), Morrisville State 347 (+67), NVU – Johnson (B) 362 (+82)
- Location: Cobleskill Golf & Country Club, Cobleskill, N.Y.
- Course Details: Par 70, 6163 yards
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Morrisville State opened the season with a 7th place team finish at the Jug Classic, hosted by SUNY Cobleskill.
- Junior Nick DeVito (Averill Park, N.Y.) paced the Mustangs with an 18-hole score of 79, +9 over par, to finish tied for third in individual standings among 47 competitors.
- Ryan McCann (Hamilton, N.Y.) and Brad Hefner (Billings, Mt.) finished tied for 29th overall with scores of 88 (+18 par).
- Freshman Ben Sprague (Massena, N.Y.) made his collegiate debut with a score of 92, placing tied for 36th overall.
- The Mustangs return to the fairways, Wednesday, September 12 at the Keuka College Fall Invitational at the Lakeside Country Club.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.