HERSHEY, Pa. – The Morrisville State Men's Ice Hockey team fell 6-0 on Friday night in their season opener on the road against Lebanon Valley College.
- Final Score:
- Lebanon Valley 6, Morrisville 0
- Location: Giant Center, Hershey, Pa.
- Lebanon Valley (1-0-0), Morrisville (0-1-0)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The Dutchmen jumped on the Mustangs early, tallying an even handed goal just 44 seconds into the matchup.
- Lebanon Valley scored once more in the first and once in the second period before exploding for three goals in the third.
- The Mustangs outshot the Dutchmen 28-21, but it was Lebanon Valley's efficiency on the power play that gave the hosts the edge. The Dutchmen capitalized on four of their nine power play opportunities.
Morrisville continues their season opening road trip at 3 PM on Saturday afternoon against Stevenson University.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.