MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – The Morrisville Men's Ice Hockey team dropped their State Universities of New York Athletic Conference opener on Friday night, falling 5-1 to the visiting Cardinals from Plattsburgh State.
- Final Score:
- Plattsburgh 5, Morrisville 1
- Location: Morrisville, N.Y.
- Morrisville (0-3-0, 0-1-0 SUNYAC), Plattsburgh (1-0-0, 1-0-0 SUNYAC)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The Mustangs played solid defense throughout the first half of the first period, denying the Cardinals a goal throughout two penalty kills.
- Plattsburgh posted their first score at the 7:17 mark in the first period for the 1-0 lead.
- Plattsburgh struck again just over a minute into the second before breaking away on a Morrisville power play attempt for a short-handed goal and a 3-0 lead at the 2:28 mark in the second.
- Ben Sprague (Norfolk, N.Y.) got the Mustangs on the board with a put back at the 7:18 mark for his first collegiate goal.
- However, the Cardinals would score twice more throughout the contest for the 5-1 SUNYAC win.
The Mustangs will be back on their home ice for the second game of their SUNYAC series with Plattsburgh at 7 PM on Saturday night.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.