GENESEO, N.Y. – Geneseo controlled the pace throughout the entire contest as they continued to pour on goals, defeating the visiting Mustangs 7-1 in the second game of their State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) series.
- Final Score:
- Geneseo 7, Morrisville 1
- Location: Geneseo, N.Y.
- Geneseo (6-1-1, 4-1-1 SUNYAC), Morrisville (1-7-0, 1-5-0 SUNYAC)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Geneseo picked up where they left off last night, scoring twice in the first period.
- The Knights continued to pour on goals, notching four in the second period including Kyle Hartman's second goal of the contest.
- Down 6-0 entering the third, the Mustangs avoided the shutout at the 8:38 mark in the third with a power play goal off of the stick of Ryan Bochert (Denver, Colo.). Bradley Hefner (Billings, Mont.) and Dane Moore (Cadillac, Mich.) picked up assists on the play.
- Geneseo would score once more in the last minute of play to make the final score 7-1.
- The Mustangs used two goal tenders in the contest. Sal Stalteri (Woodbridge, Ont.) and Jorgen Johnson (Waterford, Mich.) combined for 34 saves.
The Mustangs will look to turn things around with two non-conference contest before returning to SUNYAC play. The first of those two games comes on Tuesday, November 20 as Morrisville hosts the Cougars from Chatham at 7 PM in the IcePlex.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.