AUBURN, Mass. – The Morrisville State men's ice hockey team overcame a three goal deficit with a three goal comeback in the third period, before skating to a four goal draw with host Anna Maria College Friday evening in Auburn, Massachusetts.
- Final Score: Anna Maria 4, Morrisville State 4 OT
- Location: Auburn, Mass.
- Records: Morrisville State 2-7-1, Anna Maria 2-5-3
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Morrisville State notched the first tally of the night 13:45 into the first period on a power play, with the score coming off the stick of senior CJ Stubbs (Pleasant Valley, Utah) who notched his sixth goal of the season.
- Anna Maria posted four straight scores over the next 20 minutes of play, two in the first to claim a 2-1 advantage after the opening period, before notching two additional tallies in the second frame, claiming the 4-1 lead heading into the third.
- Senior captain Ian Wood (Pittsburgh, Pa.) hit the back of the net twice on power play advantages for the Mustangs in the third, cutting the three goal deficit to just one with just over six minutes remaining in the final frame.
- Junior Nick DeVito (Averill Park, N.Y.) collected the game tying score, shorthanded, off the dish from Stubbs to force the overtime period where the Mustangs skated to the four goal draw.
- DeVito was credited with an assist, while teammate Austin Johnson (Pawling, N.Y.) collected two assists on each of Wood's scores.
- Jorgen Johnson (Waterford, Mich.) collected 25 stops in net for the Mustangs in 64:49 of action, including three in the overtime period.
- Morrisville State was 3-for-6 in power plays on the night, while Anna Maria went 0-for-6.
- The Mustangs held the advantage at the center dot, winning 44 total face-offs on the night, 18 from DeVito, while Anna Maria posted 39 wins.
- Morrisville State will resume State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) action next Friday at Buffalo State College. Face-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. both Friday and Saturday night.
- They wrap up the semester with a home bout against Bryn Athyn College on the 15th with the puck dropping at 5:30 p.m. on the Mustangs home ice.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.