BUFFALO, N.Y. – Visiting Morrisville State rallied for a third period comeback attempt, scoring two goals in the opening nine minutes of the final frame, but fell short of completing the rally as Buffalo State College earned the 5-3 State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) win in Buffalo.
- Final Score: Buffalo State 5, Morrisville State 3
- Location: Buffalo, N.Y.
- Records: Buffalo State 5-4-1, 3-3-1 SUNYAC; Morrisville 2-8-1, 1-6-0 SUNYAC)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Buffalo State opened the contest with three tallies in the first period, including one just 1:16 into the contest to claim the early 3-0 advantage over the visiting Mustangs.
- After adding a fourth score 3:20 into the second, Morrisville State was able to get one on the board, taking advantage of the power play opportunity, as Nick Devito (Averill Park, N.Y.) buried the feed from CJ Stubbs (Pleasant Valley, Utah) and Ben Sprague (Norfolk, N.Y.).
- Morrisville State rallied in the third with two straight scores, the first coming from the stick of senior captain Stubbs just 40 ticks into the frame, as DeVito and Aidan Conolly (Rochester, N.Y.) picked up the assists.
- Sprague followed with an unassisted score at the 8:55 mark to make it a one goal game, but the Mustangs couldn't muster another as Buffalo State picked up an empty net tally down the stretch to secure the win.
- Jorgen Johnson (Waterford, Mich.) picked up the loss in net, recording 25 stops in 58:42 of play.
- Morrisville State returns to the Buffalo ice tomorrow for the second of the weekend's action, with the puck scheduled to drop at 7 p.m.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.