BUFFALO, N.Y. – Morrisville State men's hockey battled to a heartbreaking 4-3 overtime loss Saturday night to State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) host Buffalo State College, as the Bengals notched the final dagger with 30 seconds remaining in the extra period.
- Final Score: Buffalo State 4, Morrisville 3 OT
- Location: Buffalo, N.Y.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Morrisville State (2-9-1, 1-7-0 SUNYAC) took the early 1-0 lead just 29 seconds into the contest as senior captain Ian Wood (Pittsburgh, N.Y.) put home his third goal of the season off the dish from Jimmy Philbin (Chicago, Ill.) and Ryan Bochert (Denver, Colo.).
- After an evening score by the Bengals at the 11:21 mark, Morrisville State posted two straight on power play opportunities, the first from leading scorer CJ Stubbs (Pleasant Valley, Utah) at 14:45, followed by a second extra man score at 18:50 off the stick of Dane Moore (Cadillac, Mich.).
- Ben Sprague (Norfolk, N.Y.) and Nick DeVito (Averill Park, N.Y.) were credited with assists on Stubbs score, along with Wood and Bochert on Moore's tally.
- Morrisville State carried the 3-1 lead into the third, before Buffalo State rallied for two of their own to force the overtime period, where they buried the game winner with 30 seconds remaining.
- Jared Young (Pueblo West, Colo.) made his return to the ice, recording 35 saves in the loss in 64:30 of action.
- Buffalo State held the 39-17 advantage in shots on the night.
- Morrisville State wraps up the semester action next Saturday, hosting Bryn Athyn College. The puck will drop at 5:30 p.m. at the Ice Plex.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.