PORTSMOUTH, R.I. – The Mustangs played the nationally ranked Seahawks of Salve Regina to just a one goal deficit through forty minutes of play. Unfortunately for Morrisville, a two-goal third period secured the 3-0 victory for the Seahawks.
- Final Score:
- Salve Regina 3, Morrisville 0
- Location: Portsmouth, R.I.
- Morrisville (3-10-1), Salve Regina (9-4-2)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The Mustangs held the Seahawks scoreless in the first period despite being outshot 10-4.
- Salve Regina picked up the pace in the second period, doubling their shot total from the first period. Despite firing 20 shots, the Seahawks were only able to convert one of those into a goal.
- The Seahawks tacked on two more goals in the third period, a power play tally at the 5:06 mark and an even handed strike at the 7:33 mark to pick up the 3-0 victory.
- Morrisville's goaltender, Jared Young (Pueblo West, Colo.) was able to keep the Mustangs within striking distance despite the shot disparity as the junior turned away 44 of the 47 shots he faced.
The Mustangs will have a quick turnaround as they return home to host the University of New England tomorrow evening at 5:00 PM.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.