MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – Despite being outshot 12-4 in the first part of the first period, the Mustangs scored first, but were unable to walk away with the win as the Nor'Easters scored five times in the third to hand Morrisville the 7-3 loss.
- Final Score:
- University of New England 7, Morrisville 3
- Location: Morrisville, N.Y.
- Morrisville (3-11-1), University of New England (10-4-1)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The Mustangs put themselves on the board first at the 12:33 mark in the third as captain, Ian Wood (Pittsburgh, Pa.) notched his fourth goal of the season as Morrisville capitalized on their power play opportunity.
- UNE's Justin Dixson evened the contest up at 1-1 just under a minute later with an even handed tally.
- The score remained knotted 1-1 for the remainder of the first period and well into the second.
- Jeff Eppright put the Nor'Easters ahead at the 15:36 mark.
- The Nor'Easters, who outshot the Mustangs 31-7 through the first 40 minutes saw their shot totals go down in the third, but their scoring efficiency go up as they put away 5 goals in the third.
- Morrisville did not go down without a fight, scoring two goals of their own in the third, both off the stick of CJ Stubbs (Pleasant Grove, Utah). Nick DeVito (Averill Park, N.Y.) assisted on both goals, while Ben Sprague (Norfolk, N.Y.) added the second assist on the first Stubbs goal.
- Jorgen Johnson (Waterford, Mich.) suffered the loss in net for the Mustangs despite recording 29 saves.
Morrisville returns to conference action next weekend, hitting the road for their two-game series against SUNY Potsdam. Friday and Saturday night puck drops are set for 7 PM.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.