MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – The Lakers put their home ice advantage to good use, scoring early and often on the visiting Mustangs to take the State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) victory 7-3 on Saturday night.
- Final Score:
- Oswego 7, Morrisville 2
- Location: Oswego, N.Y.
- Oswego (15-3-1, 8-3-0 SUNYAC), Morrisville (4-13-0, 2-9-0 SUNYAC)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Oswego came out swinging in the first period, taking a 2-0 advantage in just under six minutes of play against the visiting Mustangs.
- The Lakers posted a third tally at the 5:55 mark in the second period.
- Nick DeVito (Averill Park, N.Y.) put the Mustangs on the board at the 10:56 mark in the second period with a power play goal, assisted by Aidan Conolly (Rochester, N.Y.) and Jesse Anderson (Wasaga Beach, Ont.).
- Oswego extended their lead with six minutes remaining in the second period, to take a 4-1 lead into the second intermission.
- Bradley Hefner (Billings, Mont.) made his first goal of the season count, cutting the Lakers' lead in half just over a minute into the final period of regulation.
- Unfortunately for Morrisville, Oswego would then go on an offensive tear, scoring three times in the third for the 7-2 victory.
Morrisville will have two days rest before returning to the ice to continue their SUNYAC slate. The Mustangs will hit the road on Tuesday to make up the second game of their series with Potsdam that was postponed due to inclement weather last weekend. Puck drop in Potsdam is set for 7 PM.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.