MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – Brockport jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the back half of the third period and never looked back, defeating the Mustangs 6-1 in the first game of their State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) series.
- Final Score:
- Brockport 6, Morrisville 1
- Location: Morrisville, N.Y.
- Morrisville (4-14-2, 2-10-1 SUNYAC), Brockport (13-6-2, 5-5-2 SUNYAC)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The Golden Eagles picked up three goals after the midway point in the first period, putting the Mustangs on their heels for the rest of the game.
- Brockport tacked on two more goals in the second for the 5-0 lead.
- Morrisville's Nick DeVito (Averill Park, N.Y.) picked up a power play goal at the 10:54 mark in the second to get the Mustangs on the board.
- Brockport picked up another goal late in the third on the power play to round out the 6-1 win.
Morrisville will return to the ice tomorrow late afternoon at 4 PM in the second game of their SUNYAC series with Brockport. In addition, the Mustangs will be "dropping the puck" on DWI during the game as they partner with the Madison County STOP DWI program.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.