MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – The Mustangs and the Golden Eagles wrapped up their final game of their State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) on Saturday evening. Brockport held a slight one goal advantage entering the second period, but a four goal explosion by the Golden Eagles in the second pushed them past the Mustangs 5-1.
- Final Score:
- Brockport 6, Morrisville 1
- Location: Morrisville, N.Y.
- Morrisville (4-15-2, 2-11-1 SUNYAC), Brockport (14-6-2, 6-5-2 SUNYAC)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Brockport outshot Morrisville thirteen to two in the first period, but were only able to walk away with one score as the Mustangs' Jorgen Johnson (Waterford, Mich.) turned away 12 of those 13 shots.
- The Golden Eagles put their offense into high gear in the second, tallying three goals within a four and a half minute span between the 6:10 mark and the 10:31 mark in the period.
- Brockport capped their scoring with a goal at the 15:03 mark in the second period.
- Morrisville's lone goal came off of the stick of Nick DeVito (Averill Park, N.Y.) in a 4 v 4 situation as each team lost a skater to penalties.
The Mustangs will take a weekend break from their SUNYAC schedule to play a split series against the Kangaroos from SUNY Canton. Morrisville will hit the road on Friday, February 8 to face the Roos at 7 PM before returning home to host Canton at 7 PM on Saturday, February 9.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.