MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – After scoring first in the matchup, the Mustangs found themselves trailing headed into the third. Morrisville was able to get within one, but the rest of the comeback fell short, ultimately falling to Fredonia 3-2.
- Final Score:
- Fredonia 3, Morrisville 2
- Location: Morrisville, N.Y.
- Morrisville (4-18-2, 2-12-1 SUNYAC), Fredonia (13-7-4, 7-6-2 SUNYAC)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The Mustangs came out firing on all cylinders on Friday night, posting an early 1-0 lead just over a minute into their final State University of New York Athletic Conference action of the season. Jimmy Philbin (Chicago, Ill.) picked up the goal, with assists from Ryan Bochert (Denver, Colo.) and Tristan Archambault (Morrisonville, N.Y.).
- However, Fredonia came alive in the back half of the first period, notching goals at the 11:30 and 13:15 marks.
- The Blue Devils entered the second period with a man advantage due to a late holding penalty by the Mustangs in the first. Their power play would pay off as they extended their lead over Morrisville 3-1 just thirty eight seconds into the middle frame.
- Morrisville did not go quietly, as Nick DeVito (Averill Park, N.Y.) posted his 12th goal of the season to bring the Mustangs within one at the 12:31 mark in the third. Senior CJ Stubbs (Pleasant Grove, Utah) picked up the assist.
- The Mustangs made one last push with just under two minutes left in the third as the home squad was able to control the puck allowing for Morrisville to pull goal tender, Jared Young (Pueblo West, Colo.) for the extra skater.
- Unfortunately, the final push was not enough as Morrisville fell 3-2.
The Mustangs will wrap up their season tomorrow afternoon at 4 PM against Fredonia. Following the contest, Morrisville will honor their four seniors in a special ceremony.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.