MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – The Morrisville State men's lacrosse team made their exit from the NCAA Division III Championship Tournament Tuesday afternoon as they fell 20-9 to Stockton University in the opening round held at York College in York, Pennsylvania.
- Final score: Morrisville 9, Stockton 20
- Location: York, Pa.
- Records: Morrisville 10-7, Stockton 18-2
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Stockton ripped off the first four scores of the opening quarter within a quick three minutes, before Morrisville State battled back to trail by three at the end of the first.
- The Osprey's though, rattled off eight more in the second quarter, carrying a 15-5 advantage into the halftime break, and didn't look back as they collected the win to advance to the second round.
- Junior Joe Piedigrossi (Cortland, N.Y.) led all Mustang scorers with three goals for the hat trick, while teammate Joe Rosaschi (Syracuse, N.Y.) added two, while assisting two others.
- Senior Nick Geswaldo (Lafayette, N.Y.) wrapped up his career with two additional scores.
- Chris Dovi (Cortland, N.Y.) and Peter Pina (Culver City, Calif.) rounded out the Morrisville leaders with one goal each, Pina assisting another two.
- Niko Cejic (Johnson City, N.Y.) turned away 10 in the loss, five in the second quarter.
- Stockton overpowered the Mustangs in nearly every facet of the game, outgaining Morrisville State 53-30 in shots, and 60-32 in ground balls. The Osprey's also posted a 21-for-31 effort from the center x.
- Morrisville State concludes their season with their fifth straight appearance in the NCAA Tournament, and a 10-7 overall record.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.