OSWEGO, N.Y. – The Morrisville State men's soccer team dropped a double overtime thriller to host, Oswego State on Friday night. Freshman forward, Teo Chavez (Bronx, NY) notched his first collegiate goal, but it wasn't enough as the Lakers capitalized with less than two minutes remaining in the final overtime.
- Final Score: Oswego 2, Morrisville 1 (2 OT)
- Location: Laker Turf Stadium – Oswego, NY
- Records: Morrisville (0-1-1), Oswego (1-0-0)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Morrisville took the early lead when Chavez used his speed to get past several Oswego defenders and posted the Mustang's lone score of the contest 15' into the start.
- Sophomore goalie, Cody Welkley, (North Rose, NY), posted 9 saves in the contest, including a wide open shot on net that was made with a diving save.
- Oswego battled back in the 29' to tie the contest on a corner kick before collecting the win in extra time with just over a minute remaining in the second overtime period.
The Mustangs return to action at 2:00pm on Friday when they travel to take on host, MCLA in the CIAO Classic.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.