MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – After 90' of scoreless play, Freshman forward, Teo Chavez (Bronx, NY) capitalized on a breakaway 4' into the first overtime period, lifting the Mustangs over visiting Keuka on Saturday afternoon. Junior, Tyler Gaines (Hoosick Falls, NY) picked up his first win of the season in net for Morrisville State.
- Final Score: Morrisville 1, Keuka 0 (2 OT)
- Location: Drake Field – Morrisville, NY
- Records: Morrisville (2-2-1), Keuka (2-4-0)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Junior defender, Charles Baffour (Bronx, NY) advanced the ball up the right side of the field to Chavez, who shot the ball in the top left corner of the goal securing the first conference win of the season for the Mustangs.
- Tyler Gaines played all 94' in net for Morrisville State. He recorded 7 saves on 14 shots on the afternoon.
- Morrisville held a 5-3 advantage in corner kicks in the contest, while Keuka controlled the numbers in shots, taking 14 shots throughout the game.
- Morrisville has remained victorious in the last eight meetings against Keuka.
Morrisville State returns to action this Tuesday as they travel the short distance down Route 20 to cross town rival, Cazenovia College. The game is slated to start at 4:00pm.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.