CAZENOVIA, N.Y. – Morrisville State scored the first three goals of the game, leading the Mustangs to a 3-1 win over North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) foe, Cazenovia College this afternoon. Junior forward, Daniel Agboba (Bronx, NY) led the Mustangs with one goal and two assists, while freshmen forwards, Toyi Hakizmana (Rochester, NY) and Jack Gardiner (Florida, NY) both recorded their first collegiate goals in the win.
- Final Score: Morrisville 3, Cazenovia 1
- Location: Christakos Field – Cazenovia, NY
- Records: Morrisville (3-2-1), Cazenovia (1-4-0)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Agboba helped the Mustangs take the early 1-0 lead, notching the first goal of the afternoon 19' in to the first half. The goal was his first of the season; he combined for a total of four points in the win for the Mustangs, behind one goal and two assists.
- Less than three minutes later, Hakizmana put the Mustangs up two goals off a pass from Agboba.
- 2' in to the second half, Gardiner ripped a shot on goal, but was robbed by Cazenovia goalie, Tom Nicholls. 4' later, the result was different for Gardiner when he received a pass from Agboba and put the Mustangs up 3-0.
- Junior goalskeeper, Tyler Gaines collected his second straight win in goal for Morrisville State after recording 5 saves in 90' of play.
Men's Soccer returns to action this weekend, when they host Wells College in a North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) match up on Saturday at 4:30pm on Drake Field.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.