ROCHESTER, N.Y. –The visiting Morrisville State men's soccer team fell to 4-3-1 on the season Tuesday afternoon as host, Nazareth College scored 5 unanswered goals in a 5-0 non-conference win.
- Final Score: Nazareth 5, Morrisville 0
- Location: Golden Flyer Stadium – Rochester, NY
- Records: Morrisville (4-3-1), (3-0-0) NEAC, Nazareth (6-2-1), (1-0-1) Empire 8
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The first 21' of play remained scoreless for both teams; Nazareth posted their first score of the game in the 22', carrying a 1-0 lead into halftime.
- Morrisville State's defensive unit held tough for the first 16' of the second half, before the Golden Flyers broke loose, scoring four second-half goals. Five separate players scored for Nazareth in the win.
- Nazareth held a hefty advantage in both shots, 22-4 and corner kicks, 8-2 over the Mustangs.
- Junior goalkeeper, Tyler Gaines (Hoosick Falls, NY) recorded 5 saves in net in 90' of play for Morrisville State.
Morrisville State returns to North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) play this weekend as they travel south to take on Penn St.-Abington on Saturday at 3:00pm.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.