ABINGTON, P.A. – The Morrisville State men's soccer team hit the road Saturday afternoon to take on the first place, Penn St.-Abington Nittany Lions. A late first half goal wasn't enough, as the visiting Mustangs fell 5-1, registering their first conference loss of the season.
- Final Score: Penn St.-Abington 5, Morrisville 1
- Location: Memorial Field – Abington, PA
- Records: Morrisville (4-4-1), (3-1-0) NEAC, Penn St.-Abington (7-2-0), (5-0-0) NEAC
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Junior forward, Daniel Agboba (Bronx, NY) scored the lone Mustang goal of the game 36' in to the first half, striking the ball into the top right corner of the net. The goal was assisted by junior forward, Kossi Philippe Nodjo (New York City, NY).
- Sophomore goalkeeper, Cody Welkley (North Rose, NY) was back in net for Morrisville State, recording 8 saves in 90 minutes of play.
- The Nittany Lions remain undefeated at 5-0 in the North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC), with the Mustangs sitting right behind in second place, with a conference record of 3-1.
The Mustangs return to action tomorrow when they travel to Morristown, N.J. to take on The College of St. Elizabeth at 2:00pm.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.