WILLIAMSPORT, P.A. – The Mustangs weren't able to find any offensive rhythm on Saturday afternoon, falling to host Penn College 2-0. Morrisville State is now 6-5-1 overall, with a 5-2-0 North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) record, while Penn College improves to 5-5-1 overall and 5-2-0 in conference.
- Final Score: Penn College 2, Morrisville 0
- Location: Athletic Field – Williamsport, PA
- Records: Morrisville (6-5-1), (5-2-0) NEAC, Penn College (5-5-1), (5-2-0) NEAC
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Neither team could connect with the back of the net in the first 45' of play. Sophomore goalkeeper, Cody Welkley (North Rose, NY) saw little action in the first half, recording just 1 save before heading into halftime.
- Early in the second half, the Wildcats were able to break the deadlock when Ian Smith struck the ball to the lower left corner at the 52:00 mark. Devan Liester improved the Wildcat lead in the 66' of play after putting the ball in the upper corner of the net.
- Freshman goalkeeper, Carter D'Agostino (Fredonia, NY) finished the game in goal for the Mustangs, recording 1 save on 3 shots in 44' of play.
Morrisville State men return to play this Tuesday when they travel to take on Utica College for a 7:00pm non-conference match up.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.