MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – The Morrisville State men's soccer team rallied from an early 1-0 deficit to earn a 2-1 victory in overtime on Saturday afternoon against North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) opponent, Gallaudet. Junior midfielder, Kossi Philippe Nodjo (New York City, NY) scored the game winner less than 2' into overtime with a thrilling header off a cross from freshman forward, Teo Chavez (Bronx, NY).
- Sport: Men's Soccer
- Location: Drake Field – Morrisville, NY
- Final Score: Morrisville 2, Gallaudet 1 (1 OT)
- Records: Morrisville (7-6-1), (6-2-0) NEAC, Gallaudet (5-9-0), (3-6-0) NEAC
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The Bison posted the first goal of the game at the 18:57 mark when Chad Johnson one-touched the ball in the lower right corner of the net, giving Gallaudet the 1-0 lead.
- Chavez netted the equalizing goal for the Mustangs at 30:52 with a header off a corner kick from senior defender, Odaine Jackson (Mount Vernon, NY). Jackson placed his cross right in the middle of the goal box, finding a streaking Chavez who beat the Gallaudet goalkeeper to even the score at 1-1.
- The score remained deadlocked heading into halftime, and neither team would capitalize throughout the last 45' of regulation, heading into extra time.
- Nodjo's game winner came at the 91:22 mark, heading the ball into the back of the net in thrilling fashion.
- Morrisville State held an advantage in both shots (21-8) and corner kicks (9-0) on the afternoon.
- Sophomore goalkeeper, Cody Welkley (North Rose, NY) earned the win for the Mustangs, registering 4 saves between the pipes.
The Morrisville State men's soccer team continues with North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) play tomorrow when they host Lancaster Bible at 2:00pm on Drake Field.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.