COBLESKILL, N.Y. – Freshman Derek Hutchings (West Winfield, N.Y.) led the Mustang pack for a second straight week as Morrisville State men's cross country finished fifth overall in team standings at the Stephen Warde Invitational held in Cobleskill Saturday afternoon.
- Team Scoring: SUNY Poly 32, SUNY Cobleskill 54, Hudson Valley CC 60, Hartwick College 97, Morrisville State 143
- Location: Cobleskill, N.Y.
- Course details: 8K run
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Hutchings finished 33rd overall with a time of 32:51.98, and was the top finisher for the Mustangs.
- Junior Owen Braun (Fulton, N.Y.) was seconds behind, crossing in 33:44.96, followed by sophomore Jim O'Connell (Skaneateles, N.Y.) in 33:50.79, finishing 41st and 42nd, respectively.
- Ben Seale (Chittenango, N.Y.) was fourth to score for the Mustangs, crossing in 34:49.43 (48th) while teammate Anthony Fazio (Highland, N.Y.) finished in 37:29.60 for the final scoring spot for Morrisville State.
- Morrisville State returns to the courses next Saturday, for a preview of the NEAC Championship course, held at Lancaster Bible College in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.