GENEVA, N.Y. – Junior Owen Braun (Fulton, N.Y.) captained the Mustangs to a sixth overall place finish at the Cross Country Only Championships held Saturday at Hobart College in Geneva, as Morrisville State compiled 148 points behind his 30th individual place finish.
- Team Results: Clarkson 33, Hobart 45, D'Youville 119, Canton 121, Paul Smith's 141, Morrisville 148, Elmira 171, Wells 180, Medaille 245, Villa Maria 269
- Location: Hobart College, Geneva, N.Y.
- Race details: 8K
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Braun scored 21 points for the Mustangs with his time of 30:58.8, and was followed closely by Derek Hutchings (West Winfield, N.Y.) who scored second for the team with a time of 31:26.1, crossing 35th in the field of 98 competing runners.
- Ben Seale (Chittenango, N.Y.) and Jim O'Connell (Skaneateles, N.Y.) posted back-to-back finishes, crossing in 31:45.9 and 31:51.1, 39th and 40th in individual finishes.
- Anthony Fazio (Highland, N.Y.) rounded out Morrisville State efforts with a time of 33:10.4, finishing in 53rd, while scoring 40 points.
- Morrisville State has one final tune-up before the NEAC Championships on the 27th, returning to the courses on Saturday, Oct. 20 at the Hamilton College Short course Invitational held in Clinton.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.