DELHI, N.Y. – The Morrisville State women's basketball team battled back from an eight point halftime deficit and forced a tie with eight seconds remaining in the fourth, but dropped the heartbreaker as host SUNY Delhi hit a jumper with one second remaining on the clock to capture the 71-69 non-league victory in Delhi.
- Final Score: Delhi 71, Morrisville State 69 (halftime: Delhi 37-29)
- Location: Floyd Maines Arena, Delhi, N.Y.
- Records: Delhi 1-1, Morrisville 0-2
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Sophomore Alexis Campbell (Buffalo, N.Y.) continued her hot scoring streak, netting a Mustang high 25 points as she hit 9-of-14 from the floor, including 4-of-4 from beyond the arc. The guard added five rebounds and an assist to her tallies on the night.
- Senior forward Charlotte Walker (Middle Island, N.Y.) posted a double-double in the effort, netting 20 points while snagging 10 rebounds, also draining two from long range.
- Junior Tori Rockefeller (South Kortright, N.Y.) dished out five assists and posted seven rebounds.
- Morrisville State shot 39.1% from the floor in the contest, including a dismal 20% in the second quarter as Delhi utilized a 17-2 run to turn the tables on the Mustangs and open the contest to a 10 point host lead, maintaining the advantage to the halftime break.
- The Mustangs were able to cut the Bronco deficit to five at the end of the third quarter, and took the slim lead midway through the fourth, but were unable to hold on as Delhi had an answer to each and every Mustang score in the back and forth battle, eventually netting the win with the buzzer beater.
- Morrisville State will head to Houghton College on Friday night for a non-league matchup at 5 p.m.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.