MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – The Morrisville State women's basketball team dropped a 79-40 decision to visiting SUNY Geneseo Tuesday night in Morrisville, struggling from the floor while being overpowered in the paint by the Knights.
- Final Score: Geneseo 79, Morrisville 40 (Halftime: Geneseo 42-15)
- Location: Morrisville, N.Y.
- Records: Geneseo 5-0, Morrisville 0-5
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Geneseo shot 43.3% from the floor and drained nine from beyond the arc, while dominating the play in the paint as they outrebounded the Mustangs 52-28, including a 16-6 advantage on the offensive glass.
- Ten different Knights contributed to the scoring, led by McKenna Brooks who collected 14 to go along with seven rebounds.
- Charlotte Walker (Middle Island, N.Y.) netted 14 as well for the Mustangs, adding five rebounds, while teammate Tori Rockefeller (South Kortright, N.Y.) added a double-double behind her 12 point, 10 rebound effort.
- Alexis Campbell (Buffalo, N.Y.) dished out five assists.
- Morrisville State struggled from the floor, shooting a mere 28.6% that included hitting just 6-of-33 from long range.
- The Mustangs return to the court next Wednesday at Hamilton College, tipping off at 7 p.m. in Clinton for the final non-league matchup before getting into North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) play on the 1st.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.