MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – The Morrisville State women's basketball team poised a 15 point comeback attempt in the fourth quarter Saturday afternoon in Morrisville, but couldn't get past the visiting Keystone College Giants who withstood the Mustang rally to collect the 83-79 non-conference victory.
- Final Score: Keystone 83, Morrisville 79 (halftime: Keystone 52-38)
- Location: Morrisville, N.Y.
- Records: Keystone 4-5, Morrisville 1-8
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Morrisville State entered the final quarter of Saturday's non-conference action against Keystone trailing 70-55, and put together a 12-0 run over the first four minutes of the fourth to make it a five point ball game with 6:12 to go.
- Morrisville State maintained momentum behind a three from Alexis Campbell (Buffalo, N.Y.) that cut it to two, and then tied it at 73 at the 3:37 mark on a three from Tori Rockefeller (South Kortright, N.Y.) but couldn't get over the hump as the Giants withstood the rally down the stretch to secure the win.
- Campbell led all scorers on the day with 27 points, hitting 50% from the floor, while adding seven rebounds, seven assists and a steal to her tallies.
- Rockefeller added 21 with five from behind the arc, assisting three.
- Miranda Wright (Smyrna, N.Y.) had a break through game for the Mustangs, scoring nine of her game total 11 in the first half of action, finishing with eight rebounds and three assists.
- Morrisville State shot 40.5% from the floor, and hit 46.4% from long range, holding the slight edge over Keystone in the long ball, but the Giants were able to outgain the Mustangs on the glass, 48-42.
- Morrisville State wraps up the semester action next Saturday, hosting Utica College at 12 p.m. on the Mustangs home court.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.