MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – Host Morrisville State women's basketball got off to a dismal start in the first quarter and were unable to recover as visiting Keuka College remained undefeated in North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) play with the 80-57 win on the Mustangs home court in Morrisville Wednesday evening.
- Final Score: Keuka 80, Morrisville State 57
- Location: Morrisville, N.Y.
- Records: Keuka 11-3, 6-0 NEAC; Morrisville 4-11, 3-3 NEAC
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Morrisville State got off to a slow start in the opening quarter, scoring their first bucket of the contest with 3:41 to go in the first while Keuka raced out to the 18-0 lead early on.
- After the opening quarter, the visiting Wolves held the 23-5 advantage, and didn't look back, despite the Mustangs playing nearly even for the remainder of the contest, to collect the win.
- Alexis Campbell (Buffalo, N.Y.) led the Mustang efforts with 22 points, adding three assists.
- Miranda Wright (Smyrna, N.Y.) added eight points and five rebounds, collecting three steals, while teammate Tori Rockefeller (South Kortright, N.Y.) added 11 to go along with five rebounds.
- Sierra Henry (Newfield, N.Y.) had five assists to contribute to the Morrisville State efforts.
- Keuka drained 5-of-8 from beyond the arc in the opening frame, hitting a total 52.9% from the floor in the first, while limiting the Mustangs to a 1-in-10 shooting effort.
- The Wolves held the commanding advantage on the glass, outgaining the hosts 55 to 21 in rebounds, including a 24-2 mark on the offensive boards.
- Morrisville State returns to the court Saturday, traveling to Wells College for a 3 p.m. NEAC tip-off.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.