AURORA, N.Y. – The Morrisville State women's basketball team rallied in the fourth quarter Friday evening as they topped host Wells College by a 60-55 North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) final in Aurora.
- Final score: Morrisville 60, Wells College 55 (halftime: Wells 25-22)
- Location: Aurora, N.Y.
- Records: Morrisville State 5-11, 4-3 NEAC; Wells 2-14, 1-6 NEAC
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Wells College held a 34-33 advantage over the visitors heading into the fourth quarter Friday night, but an 8-2 mid-quarter run gave the Mustangs the edge as they collected the win at the final whistle.
- Alexis Campbell (Buffalo, N.Y.) led all scorers with 25 points on the night, adding seven rebounds and three steals, nine points that came in the fourth quarter.
- Tori Rockefeller (South Kortright, N.Y.) added 17, 12 that came in the final stanza, while contributing four steals across the night.
- A-laya Wright (Henrietta, N.Y.) collected eight rebounds to lead the Mustangs on the boards, with fellow teammate Charlotte Walker (Middle Island, N.Y.) adding seven.
- Morrisville State held the slight edge in shooting on the night, 38.2% to Wells 33.8%, and the slight advantage in play in the paint, scoring 26 to the hosts 22.
- Morrisville State returns to their home court Wednesday, hosting SUNY Polytechnic at 5 p.m. on their home court.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.