MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – The Morrisville State women's basketball team earned the series sweep Wednesday night over visiting SUNY Cobleskill, withstanding a late Fighting Tiger rally to collect the 60-54 North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) win on the Mustangs home court in Morrisville.
- Final Score: Morrisville 60, Cobleskill 54 (halftime: Morrisville 34-27)
- Location: Morrisville, N.Y.
- Records: Morrisville 6-13, 5-5 NEAC; Cobleskill 10-8, 4-5 NEAC
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Both teams got off to a quick start in the fast paced conference contest, and didn't take the foot off the accelerator until the final whistle.
- Morrisville State claimed a 34-27 halftime lead over the visiting Tigers, in part due to 11 forced turnovers that were converted into 13 additional points for the Mustangs.
- Cobleskill had a difficult time controlling play in the paint as the hosts rattled off 28 points in the inside game, 15 from senior forward Charlotte Walker (Middle Island, N.Y.) who also collected 13 rebounds for the double-double.
- Alexis Campbell (Buffalo, N.Y.) led all scorers with 23 for the Mustangs, converting 10-of-11 from the free throw line, while adding an assist and steal to her tallies.
- Tori Rockefeller (South Kortright, N.Y.) rounded out the leaderboard with 10 points, assisting three others for the Mustangs.
- Cobleskill fought back from an 11-point deficit in the third and eventually took the lead with 29 seconds to go in the fourth, but the Mustangs proved too strong for the visitors from the charity stripe, as they collected the win.
- Morrisville State returns to action Saturday, traveling to Lancaster Bible College in a divisional cross over contest. Tip-off is scheduled for 1 p.m.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.