MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – The American Hockey Coaches Association (AHCA) recognized 253 student-athletes from Division III women's ice hockey early this week to its first ever "All American Scholars" list, including seven from Morrisville State College.
Varsity ice hockey players who averaged a 3.60 GPA or better, and participated in at least 40% of their games during the 2016-17 season were nominated for the honor.
A total of 49 student-athletes from the Colonial Hockey Conference (CHC) were selected, including the following from Morrisville State:
- Maria deWilde (Caistorville, ON), sophomore, forward
- Alicia Eamon (Williamstown, ON), junior, defense
- Kimberly Hughes (Lloydminster, AB), sophomore, defense
- Megan Kirk (Breezy Point, N.Y.), sophomore, forward
- Ciara Lark (Mildmay, ON), sophomore, defense
- Stephanie Strymecki (Kelowna, BC), sophomore, forward
- Jessica Ujcik (Munich, Germany), freshman, forward
Morrisville State will get underway with the 2017-18 schedule Friday, Oct. 27 as they take on Buffalo State on their home ice in the season opener.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.