HARRISVILLE, R.I. – One night after giving up two early goals, the Mustangs tightened up their defense shutting out Nichols 3-0 in the second game of their Colonial Hockey Conference (CHC) weekend series.
- Final Score:
- Morrisville 3, Nichols 1
- Location: Harrisville, R.I.
- Morrisville (3-1-0, 1-1-0 CHC), Nichols (3-1-0, 1-1-0 CHC)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Karoline Arvik (Trondheim, Norway) registered 13 saves for the shutout victory.
- The Mustangs scored twice late in the second period to gain the early edge. Maddison Devlin (Campbell River, B.C.) notched her fifth goal of the season and the Mustangs' first of the game at the 15:20 mark. Maria deWilde (Caistorville, Ont.) struck for her first of the season at the 17:23 mark for the 2-0 lead.
- Mackenzie Lombardi (Hamilton, Ont.) recorded assists on both of the goals, while Devlin assisted on deWilde's.
- Chyne Kennedy (Southwold, Ont.) gave Morrisville a cushion at the 13 minute mark in the third with her first goal of the season.
Morrisville will continue with CHC play next weekend as they return home to take on conference newcomer, Salve Regina. Friday's contest will begin at 3 PM, while Saturday's will start at 1 PM in the IcePlex.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.