MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – After posting a goal in the first period, the Nor'Easters from the University of New England capitalized on two power play opportunities to down the Mustangs 3-2 in Colonial Hockey Conference (CHC) action.
- Final Score:
- UNE 3, Morrisville 2
- Location: Morrisville, N.Y.
- Morrisville (5-2-0, 3-2-0 CHC), UNE (5-1-0, 4-1-0 CHC)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- UNE's Kenady Nevicosi posted an unassisted goal at the 7:45 mark in the first period.
- The Mustangs out-shot the Nor'Easters 13-4 in the second period, but were unable to convert any of those shots into goals.
- UNE jumped out to a 2-0 lead early in the third period as Nevicosi struck again this time on the power play.
- Morrisville's Maddison Devlin (Campbell River, B.C.) cut the UNE lead to one just over a minute later.
- Alex Mitchell gave the Nor'Easters a cushion with another power play goal at the 8:56 mark.
- Maria deWilde (Caistorville, Ont.) got the Mustangs right back into it at the 11:08 mark in the third. Taylor Finnie (Kamloops, B.C.) ripped a deflected shot from the blue line to start the sequence. Tessa Dobson (Moose Factory, Ont.) corralled the rebound and slipped a pass in front of the crease to a charging deWilde for the score.
- Unfortunately the Mustangs could not find the equalizer as time expired on Morrisville's second CHC loss of the season.
The Mustangs and the Nor'Easters will be back on the ice tomorrow at 1 PM for the second game of their CHC series.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.