PLATTSBURGH, N.Y. – The Morrisville State women's ice hockey team battled to a 7-1 non-conference loss Wednesday night to nationally ranked SUNY Plattsburgh, scoring their lone goal in the second period of action.
- Final Score: Plattsburgh 7, Morrisville 1
- Location: Plattsburgh, N.Y.
- Records: Plattsburgh 9-1, Morrisville State 8-5-1
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Plattsburgh scored twice in the opening four minutes of the contest to claim an early 2-0 lead over visiting Morrisville State and didn't look back as they added another for the three goal first period lead, adding another four in the second to collect the win.
- Morrisville State's lone score came in the sixth minute of the second period as Maddison Devlin (Campbell River, BC) stole the puck from a Plattsburgh defender and hit an open Kylie Cameron (Burlington, ON) in front of net for the one-timing score.
- Karoline Arvik (Trondheim, Norway) collected the loss in net, despite a career high 56 save effort.
- Plattsburgh held the 63-16 advantage in shots, and had five different players net scores, including Mackenzie Millen and Annie Katonka who each posted two apiece.
- Morrisville State wraps up the semester action Friday, hosting Wilkes University at 4 p.m. on the Mustangs home ice.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.