WORCESTER, Mass. – The Mustangs picked up another Colonial Hockey Conference (CHC) win on Friday night, using a three goal first period to propel them past the Becker College Hawks 4-2.
- Final Score:
- Morrisville 4, Becker 2
- Location: Worcester, Mass.
- Morrisville St. (13-6-2, 5-2-2 CHC), Becker (4-15-3, 1-7-1 CHC)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Jessica Ujcik (Munich, Germany) got Morrisville on the board at the 4:14 mark in the first with a power play goal assisted by Chyne Kennedy (Southwold, Ont.) and Mackenzie Lombardi (Hamilton, Ont.).
- The Mustangs added two more goals in the first period to jump out to the 3-0 lead. The first occurred just over halfway through the opening twenty minutes as Tessa Dobson (Moose Factory, Ont.) found the back of the net with assists from Ujcik and Kylie Cameron (Burlington, Ont.). The next Mustang strike was off of the stick of Kaitlyn Schlake (Nampa, Idaho) just over three minutes later. Maddison Devlin (Campbell River, B.C.) and Lombardi picked up the assists.
- Morrisville continued to dominate offensively throughout the second period, but were unable to sound the goal horn.
- Despite being outshot 25 to 6 through the first forty minuts, Becker was able to turn their offense around in the third, nearly matching Morrisville shot for shot. Their efforts were rewarded as they broke the shutout with a power play goal forty nine seconds into the third period.
- Working with just a two goal cushion, the Mustangs responded as Ujcik tallied her second goal of the game at the 7:13 mark in the third to give Morrisville the 4-1 advantage.
- The Hawks rallied once more midway through the third, cutting the Morrisville lead in half at the 10:02 mark.
- Becker would not get any closer as Morrisville closed out the remaining ten minutes to preserve the 4-2 victory.
Morrisville will wrap up their series with Becker tomorrow afternoon at 3:45 PM.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.