CLEARWATER, FLA. – The Morrisville State women's lacrosse team dropped a 13-12 overtime decision Thursday morning to Mount Holyoke, wrapping up their spring break training trip to Clearwater, Florida.
- Final Score: Mount Holyoke 13, Morrisville 12 – overtime
- Location: Clearwater, Florida
- Records: Mount Holyoke 3-2, Morrisville 1-4
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Morrisville State led by two late in the second half of Thursday's non-conference battle with Mount Holyoke, before back-to-back tallies by the opponent forced an extra period in Clearwater.
- Mount Holyoke botched the game winner with 5:17 to go in the extra frame to claim the win.
- Chelsea McNeal (Ithaca, N.Y.) and Celia Abbott (Shortsville, N.Y.) posted three goals apiece to lead the Mustang efforts, while teammate Makenzi Santini (Fairport, N.Y.) added two of her own.
- Senior Courtney Cavellier (Rodman, N.Y.) paced the Mustangs with five draw controls, adding four ground balls, to go along with her one tally.
- Kadi Bice (Lorraine, N.Y.) registered 10 saves in the loss, appearing in net for 60:43.
- Morrisville State will return to the field Wednesday, traveling to SUNY Potsdam for a non-conference northern outing.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.